This study was conducted to examine how unemployment has been reduced through cooperative movement in Enugu North Local Government Area. This study covers year 2012 to 2015. In the course of this study, research objective and hypothesis were formulated, for which primary and secondary data were collected, and data were men presented in a tabular form.
Based on the above, the findings on the topic are as follows:
- Staff employees of the sample cooperative are averagely qualified for their various jobs and they are given opportunities for further training by the cooperative societies.
- Employees of the sample cooperatives are averagely paid with some necessary allowances.
- Cooperative societies help about 35% of school leavers to be self employed.
- There is a continuous education both to the members and the whole public.
The researchers recommendations includes the followings:
- Government should make it compulsory for every establishment to have its own cooperative.
- Government should set-up more cooperative banks to give loans to individuals and groups that are prospecting to establish cooperative
- In conclusion the research deemed it necessary that every hand must be on desk to encourage the establishment of cooperative enterprises, since its now obvious that the only option left for us it to adopt to social economic model of mutual self-help.TABLE OF CONTENTS