IMPACT OF TELEVISION ADVERTISING ON PURCHASE BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 10-15 YEARS
The major purpose of this study was to determine the impact of television advertising on purchase Behaviour of children between 10-15 years. Television advertising is a highly ubiquitous and lively medium that can reach a mass audience at a time by emotion the television is the best used for broad exposure and product demonstration advertising and also where some identify is important. However, the research work will be treated in five chapters. Chapter one is the introduction of the work where the problems were identified six research questions and three hypotheses were stated to guide the work. Chapter two involved the review of related literature quoting the various professionals ideas on the issue while my own perspective was also stated. Chapter three involved the sources of data for the study the sample size and the statistical tool were used to analyzing the data. Chapter four dealt with proper analysis of research question and hypothesis with percentage, frequency and hypothesis statistical tools. Chapter five is the summary of the work the conclusion of findings from the data analysis in chapter four.
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Television is an important development in the advertising world. it is the fastest growing advertising medium. the unique quality of television lies in its ability to combine many of the function perform by other media. in addition it exclude every other messages or attraction at the point of exposure. Advertising combine vision and audio with movement. it has the power to arrest attention. Television advertising is a highly ubiquitous and lively medium that can reach a mass audience at a time by emotion the television is the best used for broad exposure and product demonstration advertising and also where some identify is important.
The television audience is broad while family and varied by the time of day but of course reaches almost every once television also has played an immense role in the transformation and has become so pervasive and influential in to day. Television advertising has grow from nothing to the point where it challenges news papers as the nations leading advertising medium the reasons for the growth are not difficult to understand because television advertising sells product creatively. Edwards and brown (1959:250) television brought not only sound but also sight and motion into the customer’s home probably because of the added attraction of sight and motion television became the principle advertising medium of may national advertising in a short space of time. The reach of television is unequaled in the history of man; no other single advertising medium reaches as many people on a simultaneous basis as television does. In this era of mass media television is the most popular medium for reaching the mass audience
According to Buskirk (1976:3) organized customers groups have held that children are easily manipulated by advertising techniques and lack the ability to read advertising message in printed media. Televisions as the newest and fastest growing of all major media is probably also the most versatile. it makes its appeal through both the eye and ear this means that products can be demonstrated as well as explained. it offers considerable flexibility in terms of the time of massage presentation. The study will therefore focus on the impact of television on the purchasing behaviors of children between the ages of 10-15 years. It will also establish the relationship between television advertising and improved purchase response of children to advertised product.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Most children between ages of 10- 15 years are adult children who have less money to purchase goods and services to satisfy their various needs. Children between ages of 10-15 years generally are very desirous of looking good refusing to be left behind by changing and fashion, peer group pressure also exerts a great influence in what children parents buy. Television advertisers want to know the degree of effect television advertising has on the different choice of goods purchased by children between ages of 10-15 years. This will enable them to determine the amount of money to be pumped into television advertisings. They also want to determine whether these effects are positive or negative. Answers to these questions are important because students constitute a substantial segment of the television advertiser’s audience.
(1) Does television advertising influence the choice of goods purchased by children between ages 10-15 years?
(2) Does this determine the amount of money pumped unto advertising by companies?
(3) As these adverts existing ergative influence on children between ages 10-15 years. This research will therefore find out the influence of television advertising on purchasing behaviour children between ages of 10-15 years and how to channel television advertising to it in the future in order to get maximum benefit.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF STUDY
The purpose of this study is assess the impact of television advertising on purchase between children between 10-15 years of age. Then the specific objective are as follows
(1) To establish the effect of television on the purchase behavior of children between 10-15 years
(2) To identify the basic factors of consideration in advertising of children between 10-15 years
(3) To identify the problems advertisers usually encounter in advertising of children between 10-15 years.
(4) To find out if television advertising can influence the purchase behaviors of the children between the age of 10-15 years
(5) To determine children’s purchase response towards advertising
(6) To establish the cost implication of advertising to children between the age of 10-15 years
(7) To recommend the best method of carrying out children advertising in order to maximize profit.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The work will help advertiser to know the extent of the influence of their messages of children between ages of 10-15 years. It will highlight the areas where improvement is needed and also identify if television advertising is best suited for children between ages of 10-15 years. Significantly, the work will show the extent of the power of television advertising in an environment that is dominated by persons (children between ages of 10-15 years) who are not direct income earners. It is also a modest contribution to the growth of the literature on consumer behaviour.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTION
This investigation is seeking solution from following question.
(1) Is there significant relationship between aesthetic programming and purchase behavior of children?
(2) Does heavy advert budget impact anything on children purchasing behavior?
(3) What is the effect of multiple placements on purchasing behavior of children between the ages of 10-15 years in Owerri?
(4) How does timing in television advert affect children in television advert creates any impression on children purchase behavior?
(6) How does colour television advert effect children purchase behavior?
1.6 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
Ho: There is no significance relationship between aesthetic programming and children purchasing behavior.
Hi: There is significance relationship between aesthetic programming and children purchase behavirour.
Ho: Heavy advert budget does not impact on the purchase behaviour of children
Hi: Heavy advert budget impact on the purchase behaviour of children.
Ho: There is no effect on multiple and timing on the purchase behavior of children between 10-15 years.
Hi There is effect on multiple and timing on the purchase behaviour of children between 10-15 years.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
For an in depth treatment of this topic the study should have covered the children between the age of 10-15 years in Imo state. the researcher can not possibly cover all the children between this age ranges in Imo state within the time period of this study and as a result this researches is limited to children within this age range that live in Owerri metropolis. The questionnaires were not giving proper attention by the respondents they find it difficult to co-operate or even answer questions in the questionnaires as some in depth problem into their secrecy. Some did not care to return the questionnaires while other intentionally avoided the researcher. It was difficult tracking down the respondents in other to collect answered questionnaire despite all the techniques employed in this work the researcher still experienced with viewers bias.
1.8 DEFINITION OF TERMS
(1) ADVERTISING: is a form of communication through the media about products services or ideas paid by a identifiable sponsor.
(2) ATTITUDES: lasting general evaluation of products, issue companies and so on.
(3) AUDIENCE: group of people exposed to any of the media but more usually associated with television or radio.
(4) BRAND LOYALTY: the degree to which buyers are commitment under any circumstance to no commitment at all.
(5) COGNITION: learning that involves processing input combing these inputs with information retrieved from memory and reaching conclusion.
(6) CONDITIONING: learning to respond in a certain way to a given stimulus.
(7) CONSUMERS: individuals and families who buy goods and services for personal or family use.
(8) CONSUMER BEHAVIOUR: the aspect of human behaviour that relates to planning purchasing and using economic goods and services
(9) IMPACT: the qualitative value of an exposure through a given medium
(10) LEARNING: charges to the content or organization of persons wrong term memory
(11) MEDIA: these represent the entire vehicle used in reaching targeting through newspaper, radio or television
(12) NEEDS: perceived gaps between current condition and ideal conditions.
(13) PERCEPTION: the three part process of exposure to a stimulus, attention to stimulus.
(14) SELECTIVE PERCEPTION: this phenomenon of choosing which message to pay attention to and acknowledge.
(15) STUDENTS: children between ages of 10-15 years who are studying in primary and secondary schools.
How do I get this complete project on IMPACT OF TELEVISION ADVERTISING ON PURCHASE BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 10-15 YEARS?
Simply click on the Download button above and follow the procedure stated.
I have a fresh topic that is not on your website. How do I go about it?
How fast can I get this complete project on IMPACT OF TELEVISION ADVERTISING ON PURCHASE BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 10-15 YEARS?
Within 15 minutes if you want this exact project topic without adjustment
Is it a complete research project or just materials?
It is a Complete Research Project i.e Chapters 1-5, Abstract, Table of Contents, Full References, Questionnaires / Secondary Data
What if I want to change the case study for IMPACT OF TELEVISION ADVERTISING ON PURCHASE BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN BETWEEN THE AGES OF 10-15 YEARS, What do i do?
Chat with Our Instant Help Desk Now: +234 814 010 7220 and you will be responded to immediately
How will I get my complete project?
Your Complete Project Material will be sent to your Email Address in Ms Word document format
Can I get my Complete Project through WhatsApp?
Yes! We can send your Complete Research Project to your WhatsApp Number
What if my Project Supervisor made some changes to a topic i picked from your website?
Call Our Instant Help Desk Now: +234 814 010 7220 and you will be responded to immediately
Do you assist students with Assignment and Project Proposal?
Yes! Call Our Instant Help Desk Now: +234 814 010 7220 and you will be responded to immediately
What if i do not have any project topic idea at all?
Smiles! We've Got You Covered. Chat with us on WhatsApp Now to Get Instant Help: +234 814 010 7220
How can i trust this site?
We are well aware of fraudulent activities that have been happening on the internet. It is regrettable, but hopefully declining. However, we wish to reinstate to our esteemed clients that we are genuine and duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as "PRIMEDGE TECHNOLOGY". This site runs on Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), therefore all transactions on this site are HIGHLY secure and safe!