81 Users found this project useful
EVALUATION OF HABITABILITY FACTORS OF WET SPACESAT
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
In most of the world the term wet space has gone viral. However wet space is also used predominantly when it comes to architectural analysis. (Wikipedia free encyclopedia, 03/09/2015)
Wet space usually refers to rooms or spaces containing sanitary fixtures and appliances- including bathrooms and en suites, toilets, laundries and kitchen. It has dated way back since people started building modern house. Wet spaces are subjected to high level of; direct wetting, high humidity levels, condensation etc. (Wikipedia free encyclopedia, 03/09/2015)
Wet spaces are designed in order not to increase the risk of slip and other safety hazards, and are to be made accessible and comfortable for the occupant. It must be designed to meet statutory requirements, including the requirements of building code clause E3 internal moisture, which aims to safeguard building users against illness, injury and loss of amenity and to protect the rest of the building from water damage. (Wikipedia free encyclopedia, 03/09/2015)
With good design, detailing and installation of waterproof membranes and impervious finishes to manage the moisture generated, wet areas can be durable, healthy, safe and comfortable, and should not result in damage to the building structure, surface finishes and fixtures. (Wikipedia free encyclopedia, 03/09/2015)
1.2 THE STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The statement of problem is such that the project can take care of the following?
· Provision of functional and habitable wet space for Queen`s hostel Oko.
· Through the wet space evaluation it will increase the standard of hostel in Oko.
· Reduce the high level of ill health caused by bad wet space design.
1.3 AIM AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of the study is the evaluation of wet space at Queen`s hostel Oko.
· Provision of a functional and habitable wet space at Queen`s hostel Oko.
· Reduction of high level of ill health caused by bad wet space design.
· To increase the standard of hostels in Oko.
· To arrest the existing wet space problem at Queen`s hostel Oko.
1.4 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
· Is the location of the wet spaces at Queen`s hostel appropriate?
· Is the space allotted for the wet spaces adequate?
· Is there any need for a new design of the wet spaces at Queen`s hostel?
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The project will benefit the students at the Queen`s hostel.
1.6 SCOPE AND DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope covered only the students that stay at the Queen`s hostel.
1.7 LIMITATIONS OF THE STUDY
Inadequate co-operation from some of the respondent. The problem is solved by what is called (focus group) which is referred to as a scientific research method.
GET THE COMPLETE PROJECT