INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY AS A TOOL FOR ORGANIZATION GROWTH
The topic Impact on the information and communication Technology as a tool for Organization growth in First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State. Before the advent of technology, the tasks in most organizations have been performed manually. And this involves the use of excessive human labour to perform them. The advents of the technologies are believed to give added impetus to organizational productivity. Specifically the study will identify the information and communication technology as a tool for Organizational Growth in First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State. Three purpose of the study and three research questions were used for this research work related literature were reviewed and the simple percentage formula was used for data analysis. The population of the study consisted of 48 staff of First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State. A total number of 48 questionnaire was distributed to the respondents out of which were retrieved.. This research topic had been an interesting one various barriers were identified and possible remedies where suggested. Effective communication is very important and vital, It is seen from the research work that provision for adequate training also enhances effective communication. This study was carried out because of the belief that information and communication technology, which is a new business initiative and innovation, will help important marketing growth. Banks and other service organization should adopt resources/skill development policies with an emphasis of ICT training. Management should discourage any like hood that could bring about barrier to effective communication.
1.1 Background to The Study
The world has become a global village and as such communication has become so fast efficient that one can communicate across the globe in a matter of seconds. This development in the communication industry, has made possible by the advent of computer, information and communication technology. Technology in the 21st century is dominated. Today’s technological advances are faster and more fundamental, with their cost decreasing rapidly. It covers all forms of computer and communications equipment and software used to create, design, store, transmit, interpret and manipulate information in its various formats. Personal computers, laptops, television and network technologies are just some examples of the diverse array of ICT tools.
Information and communication technology is a general term that describes the process of creating, modifying, storage, transmission of information, between humans and machines alike globally, using several different electronic technologies to achieve an outcome. Organizations use information technology heavily to automate their work, making it easier and quicker to achieve their goals. Every business organization always wishes to attain a target profit a success. The attainment of the success depends largely on the adoption and management of information and communication technology in the marketing of goods and services. Modern day business literally abounds in several examples of organization and individual in different part of the world who made fortunes by seizing opportunities engendered by technological changes.
Less sighted organization operation on the same technological environment lost their fortune and in some a result of their inability to anticipate and adopt strategies that would match change brought about by technology. As a result of opportunities created by technological changes, information and communication technology in particular, forward looking organization such as banking industry have adopted different marketing strategies aimed at achieving organization objectives. Business operates in a world of technologies and gulping changes which create new problems, risks and opportunities which they mobilize resources to meet such changes and tap the opportunities presented for the overall success of the organization objectives, marketing strategy which will enable the business to continually adopt its operation to the realities of the market and consumers satisfaction in particulars, which is the corner stone of organizational growth.
1. Inadequate information flow in organization also affects organizational growth.
2. A change in technology in banking industry also affects organizational productivity because the employers and employee need special training on the job.
1.2 Statement of the Study
Before the advent of technology, the tasks in most organizations have been performed manually. This involves the use of excessive human labour to perform them. The problem here was not whether these organizations achieved their goals with a specific period. The essences of these organizations to make profit for the owners within a period of time the adverts of the technologies are believed to give added impetus to organizational productivity. The question is whether the introduction of ICT to most organization has added significantly to the overall growth of these organizations. Specifically the study will identify the introduction of Information and Communication Technology as a tool for Organizational Growth in First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State.
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The main purpose of this study is to identify Information and Communication Technology as tool for Organizational Growth in First Bank plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State specifically the study will;
1. Identify the place of ICT in the overall growth in First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State.
2. Identify the shortcomings of ICT as a tool for organizational growth in First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State.
3. Identify the use of ICT as a tool for Organizational Growth in First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State.
1.4 Research Question
The following research questions have been asked as a guideline to the study;
1. What are the places of ICT in the overall growth in First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State.?
2. What are the shortcomings of ICT as a tool for Organizational Growth in First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State?
3. What are the uses of ICT as a tool for Organizational Growth in First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State?
1.5 Significance of the Study
1. The study will be beneficial to First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State as a means of companion between what is used to be before ICT in foundation and now.
2. It will also help First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State workers to embrace the new technology by way of further training.
3. First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State will benefit through quick and accurate job performance through the introduction.
1.6 Scope of the Study
This study is delimited to information and communication technology as a tool for organizational Growth in First Bank Plc Ekwulobia in Anambra State.
1.7 Definition of Terms
1. Bank: A financial establishment that invests money deposited by customer, pays it out when required, makes loans at interest and exchanges currency.
2. Technology: The application of scientific knowledge for practical purpose, especially in industries.
3. Organization: A social unit of people that structures and managed to meet a need or to pursue collective goals especially in society or association.
4. Information: Knowledge communicated or received concerning a particular fact or circumstances or knowledge gained through study, communication, research and instructions e.t.c.
5. Communication: The impacting or interchange of thoughts, opinions or information by speech, writing or signs.
How do i choose a Project Topic?
Look for your department and select any topic of your choice
I have a fresh topic that is not on your website. How do I go about it?
How fast can i get a complete project from your website?
Within 15 minutes if the exact project topic is on our website
Is it a complete research project or just materials?
It is a Complete Research Project i.e Chapters 1-5, Abstract, Table of Contents, Full References, Questionnaires / Secondary Data
One of your topics suites my project, but the case study is different. What do i do?
Call Our Instant Help Desk Now: +234 814 010 7220 and you will be responded to immediately
How do i get my complete project?
Your Complete Project Material will be sent to your Email Address in Ms Word document format
Can I get my Complete Project through WhatsApp?
Yes! We can send your Complete Research Project to your WhatsApp Number
What if my Project Supervisor made some changes to a topic i picked from your website?
Call Our Instant Help Desk Now: +234 814 010 7220 and you will be responded to immediately
Do you assist students with Assignment and Project Proposal?
Yes! Call Our Instant Help Desk Now: +234 814 010 7220 and you will be responded to immediately
What if i do not have any project topic idea at all?
Smiles! We've Got You Covered. Chat with us on WhatsApp Now to Get Instant Help: +234 814 010 7220
How can i trust this site?
We are well aware of fraudulent activities that have been happening on the internet. It is regrettable, but hopefully declining. However, we wish to reinstate to our esteemed clients that we are genuine and duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as "PRIMEDGE TECHNOLOGY". This site runs on Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), therefore all transactions on this site are HIGHLY secure and safe!